1. Make your own news directory
a. With Symbaloo (below)
b. Copy the one above into your webmix on Symbaloo. Here’s how.
c. Use bookmarks
d. Use Feedly
- This wasn’t in the video, but you can grab RSS feeds from your favorite websites and collect them all in Feedly to read. Here’s an example of Prof. Fought’s, which — see left navigation — several topical pages. The one highlighted is her media industry page:
Here is a tutorial for feedly if you want to set up one.
2. Follow the Syr Twitter Wire
3. Check Newsmap
It’s a visual representation of Google News
Here’s the direct link to Sports
4. Get a morning news update
5. Listen to podcasts
- NPR: Hourly News Summary | All Topics
- ABC: see ITunes or Play Store
- FOX (from Fox radio)