1. Make your own news directory
a. With Symbaloo (below)
b. Copy the one above into your webmix on Symbaloo. Here’s how.
c. Use bookmarks
d. Use Feedly
- This wasn’t in the video, but you can grab RSS feeds from your favorite websites and collect them all in Feedly to read. Below is an example from Professor Barbara’s Fought Feedly. See the various topics she follows in the left gray bar. The page from Nieman Journalism Lab is one of the feeds from her Media Industry section:
Here is a tutorial for feedly if you want to set up one.
2. Follow the Syr Twitter Wire
3. Check Newsmap
It’s a visual representation of Google News
Here’s the direct link to Sports
4. Get a morning news update
5. Listen to podcasts
- NPR: Hourly News Summary | All Topics
- ABC: see ITunes or Play Store
- FOX (from Fox radio)